Monday, August 3, 2009

The Human Contract

"The Human Contract" is the first written & directed by Jada Pinkett Smith. I'm now ready to see what else she brings to the table.

One friend was excited because the female lead in the film was pretty much a "player" and he seemed to think this was extraordinary. I told him that I think it happens more often than not but whereas a woman might be more willing to admit aloud her mistakes, a man definitely isn't going to share with the boys how he got got.

The movie takes us into the life of a successful businessman who gets caught up in the web of the "exotic" woman. She's married but her husband allows her to play. He's in the middle of a divorce and the biggest business deal of his life. As you can guess, all of this gets pushed aside as he falls madly for this woman like no other he's ever met.

Jada makes an appearance in the film as well.

Of course there were parts of the storyline we all wished had been explored more but for me, I enjoyed it because it was something different and kept me wanting to see what would happen next. Worth renting for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment