Monday, August 3, 2009

Julie & Julia

Now I was excited about seeing this movie and so when my friend Tamra received a pass to the screening, I was on her every day about going.

I love food. I love trying out new recipes. I love watching others cook. I like both Meryl Streep & Amy Adams a lot and after seeing the movie, I have a much greater love for Julia Childs. I can relate to Julia's approach to food with an almost childlike fascination and enjoyment. Even moreso, I loved the relationship she had with her husband and the amazing support & love she received from that union. Without him, I don't think we would have been blessed with all the love of food & cooking Julia gave to us.

Our growth isn't completely dependent upon ourselves and I think this movie highlights how we become all we can be through our relationships with others.

Great movie. Entertaining, endearing, funny, exciting and definitely worth seeing. My friend Tamra went only because she knew I was excited to see it but came away loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment