Sunday, March 29, 2009

Forever Learning

I like Sundays and today was a very nice one. The weather was warm and sunny and I had a date with with a couple of family members.

I learned something about myself. We went to Chef Kent Rathburn's newest restaurant here in Dallas. About 5 mins after being seated, I spot the man himself. I got so excited. It was funny. I'm such a fan. I asked the waitress if it was him just to be sure and she said "No. Chef Rathburn is not in the restaurant today." Well, I figured she was just clueless and when the manager walked past, I asked him. Of course if was Kent Rathburn.

I then asked for an autographed menu and I actually got to shake the man's hand. Now, I have never been a groupie and figured it was because of the fact that I'm a musician, have several friends who are artists, have been around celebrities, and consider them just people like myself. Today I found out just how excited I get by a man who cooks REALLY well.

A man in the kitchen is just plain ole hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment