Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just Go Ahead and Smile

I stopped by the store on my way in to work this morning and one of the men commented on what a big smile I had so early in the morning. My immediate response was "why not?" Things haven't necessarily been going my way lately and I haven't been getting what I think I want, but the smile is still there and it's very sincere.

For me, this is just more proof of that inner joy that can't be removed. Through it all, I am still able to look at how many blessings I do have and just a few minutes of current events prove that it can be much worse. I woke up at home this morning & not on the street. I made a breakfast shake for nourishment and energy & am not sitting here hungry. My car started and got me to work safely & I wasn't standing in the cold, wet weather waiting for a ride. Finally, I made it to work as opposed to being at home sending out my resume for the millionth time and making appointments to see yet another recruiter.

The sun's not shining outside right now, but it is in my heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment