Monday, April 13, 2009

Aging

How long would you like to live if the choice was yours? I feel as if I'd be ready to go today and still feel as if I've had a great and very blessed life.

I'm only 41 but have a friend who turned 92 today. She still drives and keeps busy. She helps out elders who are actually younger than herself and she's my partner as well. She cooks once a month for the boys at a local drug treatment center and she works by my side in our supper club which serves residents at one of the AIDS houses here in Dallas once a month as well. She does most of the cooking for us for our every other month to feed the homeless and this is just a little bit of what she does to serve her community.

On the fun side, I take her to try out new restaurants and we see movies together. I loan her books and to be honest, it pains me to even think of not having her in my life.

My 92 year old buddy is definitely a testiment that getting older doesn't mean all you have left to do is sit down and age.

No comments:

Post a Comment