Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wrongfully Judged

We all judge others at some time or another no matter how loudly and proudly we say we don't. I can remember seeing a 20 something with his jeans hung low showing his underwear and having a feeling of disgust. At that moment there wasn't a positive thought about this stranger going through my head. Then he stopped and held the door for me. Wow! In this day and time there are plenty men with their pants pulled up who won't open a door for a woman, give up their seat, or let her go before them. Here it was, this "thug" with his pants hanging off his butt being the perfect gentleman.

I should know better too because I truly fit in that category of not being able to judge a book by it's cover. I also love proving others wrong about me as well because I figure that perhaps I'm helping them learn the same lesson that I have to be reminded of as well from time to time. Get to know someone before making quick judgments. Ignorance is not something to be proud of whatsoever.

This thought was brought on by the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PPlkOyaqaQ

No comments:

Post a Comment