Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Boundaries

Some people just don't have them or seem to know what they are. I have a co-worker who fits this profile all too well. I have been mildly traumatized by some of the information that she has shared with me. Too much information is way too mild to describe what she does.

Misery loves company does explain how a fellow co-worker and myself make coping easier. Neither of us will go without sharing with the other. Once while I was on vacation my poor friend was left alone to suffer. The woman with no boundaries began by showing my friend pictures of her son on her cell phone. Without any warning came pictures of a lover's penis.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure. My mistake? Trying to be nice. I don't intend to be too friendly or inviting but for some reason since I have made a conscious effort to say hello & smile, it opens me up for conversation. I take all blame because I do know that this woman has no boundaries. My bad on that.

The conversation began innocently as always and before I knew it I was hearing how that when she's sitting on the toilet and grunting to take a dump, her son will come to help by pushing her stomach.

Why these things are happening is a big red flag for me to begin with. Why it's so easily shared takes it to a whole nutha/nutta level.

People need boundaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment